Pride Week Urban Cycling 101
“The Halifax Cycling Coalition has partnered with Making Tracks to continue offering the popular Urban Cycling courses both in Halifax and Dartmouth. The course is 4-5 hours in length and covers the basics of riding on city streets. Classes are capped at 6 participants to ensure a comprehensive learning experience for everyone.
This week's course is happening in partnership with Halifax Pride Festival and is specifically for those who identify as LGBTQ.
Do you know where to ride in an intersection? If you are allowed to pass cars on the right? How to avoid getting doored?
We answer all of these questions and more in our Intro to Urban Cycling Course! This is a fun cycling course designed for people who want to expand on their knowledge, learn new skills, and gain the confidence to ride a bike in the city.
About the course:
- In-class session on rules of the road
- On-bike riding skills practice
- Learn rules of the road, tips for commuting by bike, and on-road skills
- Take-home cycling resources
- Expert training and advice from an instructor
- Please contact us if you would like to rent a bicycle for the course. - Rental bikes are available for a fee, please select the relevant response during registration to ensure that a bike will be available for you.
For a bit of extra fun Halifax Cycles will be sponsoring the courses with some prizes. Be prepared to have a great time, learn lots of new skills, and gain confidence cycling out on the streets! Please follow the link below to register!
Please note: Participants must have or rent a bicycle in good working order to participate. Your bicycle must be tuned have working brakes and be safe to ride. All participants must also have bell and certified helmet to participate.“
WHEN: July 27th, 2019 9:00 AM through 1:00 PM
WHERE: Woodlawn Library, 31 Eisnor Blvd. Dartmouth, NS
HOW MUCH: $50